Friday, April 20, 2007

Ooh-La-La!

Babette (8-1/4") makes her WDCC 'human' debut as part of this year's Signature Series release, "The Curse is Broken" a Numbered Limited Edition (NLE) sculpted by Dusty Horner.

Earlier this week, a grouping of
Belle & Prince (also from the 2007 Signature Series release) were added and joining them is Babette, the castle maid who makes Lumiere's flame flicker!

This is Babette's second appearance in the Walt Disney Classics Collection. She made her debut in 2002 in her enchanted objects form, as the
Feather Duster.

Trivia: She did not have a name in the 1991 theatrical release, though some had referred to her as Fifi. It wasn't until the Broadway release in 1996 that she was given the name Babette.


8 comments:

Timon said...

This piece really is Ooh-La-La. She's cute. And like that little bit of trivia about Babette's name.

Babette said...

What can I say...she's a girl after my own heart.

Matthew said...

I think this is a terrific piece! Very well done.

DC Pop Fanatic said...

Found that bit of trivia interesting as well. When I first heard her referred to as Babette, thought strange because I recalled hearing her name was Fifi.

Another bit of trivia was the Wardrobe was not named as well until the Broadway play. The Wardrobe was named "Madame de la Grande Bouche" (translation: "Mrs. Bigmouth") :)

Jason S. said...

Ooh-la-la, indeed! Babette looks simply stunning in these new sngle shots. For the first time, I really do wish she was being sold individually, so I could snatch her up right away. ;)

Great trivia about her name as well; didn't realize it originated with the Broadway Musicial. Made me laugh about the Wardrobe's Broadway name trvia, too.

Herc said...

I didn't know she wasn't named in the movie. Was she Fifi in the credits or just featherduster? Great piece of trivia that I'm sure most didn't know about.

Unknown said...

Great trivia about both Babette/Fifi and the Wardrobe, love the Broadway stage name - very appropiate. I really wish they had made this piece available individually, I like a number of the pieces from this SS scene but the bases is just too overpowering.

Koen said...

Seeing these shots, make me so glad i reserved this set. It'll be worth it. I love this set and i love Babette. She is a great piece.