Sunday, April 15, 2007

Recent Mary Poppins Event Sculpture


A hit with collectors! Mary Poppins appears was a wise choice as the 2007 Spring Event featured sculpture. Most dealers I spoke with had to order more, selling out of their initial order in pre-orders. Haven't recalled an event sculpture doing so well in recent years.

An interesting note on Mary Poppins that I was unaware until I received my sculpture, her umbrella top is a separate piece. Included with each sculpture is instructions on how to attach the umbrella top to her handle. These instructions have been added to the
Secondary Guide for easy reference.

Mary Poppins was the 2007 Spring Event Sculpture (March 23-25, 2007). A Numbered Limited Edition (NLE) of 3,500 sculpted by Kent Melton. SRP $175.00 US.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's no wonder... this is a GREAT Mary Poppins, from the Parrot umbrella down to her turned out feet. I'm so glad that they did her. The only Mary that would have been better (for me at least) would have been Mary in her red coat from the roof-top dance sequence.

Unknown said...

Very pleased with the event version and glad I decided to get her. Personally was never a fan of the Jolly Holiday version.

Hopefully with the title suspended vs. retired and sales being good on the event version, maybe we'll see more from this film and possibly the moment you describe.

Timon said...

I agree with Matthew, and wouldn't mind yet another Mary piece. I'd also like to see Burt as a chimney sweep.

DC Pop Fanatic said...

It's been some time since I've seen Mary Poppins. From both your suggestions, a new scene featuring Mary Poppins and Bert on the rooftop (possibly with a rooftop base) could make a great scene from this film.

Throw in Jane & Michael Banks and a couple chimney sweeps and you have a full blown scene from a great classic!