Thursday, April 26, 2007

Dry Retirement from Nightmare Before Christmas!


On Thursday, 04-26-07, the Walt Disney Classics Collection announced the 'dry retirement' of Scary Teddy and Killer Duck ("Predatory Presents") from Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Scary Teddy and Killer Duck were released in July, 2006 as an Open Edition release with a SRP of $50.00 (for the set) sculpted by Patrick Romandy-Simmons.

A dry retirement means that there is no more product in the warehouse. Please check with your authorized dealer for availability.

5 comments:

Jason S. said...

This one took me by surprise, especially given its short time in the Collection. I imagine it will become hard to find soon. Not too many NBC pieces still open after this.

DC Pop Fanatic said...

With this recent retirement, the only other Open Edition releases not retired are Zero, Dr. Finklestein and the Clown with the Tear-Away Face.

Timon said...

I really am glad I got these pieces and thought they were a great price-point, too. I would have thought that Scary Teddy was a popular piece.

Hopefully we'll still see other NBC pieces.

Matthew said...

Well, I missed this one. Had wanted to get it, but postponed it to get other pieces. Unfortunately I'm now too late.

DC Pop Fanatic said...

This retirement definitely caught both dealers and collectors by surprise. If anyone is truly interested in adding this set to their collection, I would suggest contacting dealers now. Will be interesting to see if this set does as well on the secondary as Lock, Shock and Barrel given NBC's cult following.