Tuesday, March 9, 2010

B&W Two Gun Mickey Rides into the Sunset!

Sales Reps and Authorized Dealers were advised today of the retirement of the black and white scene from Two Gun Mickey (1934). Mickey Mouse ("Quick Draw Cowboy), Minnie Mouse ("Cutest L'il Cowgirl") and the Cactus, sculpted by Patrick Romandy-Simmons plus an Opening Title were released in March, 2004 as an Open Edition release.

A few months later, a colorized version based on the colorized re-release of the animated short, was made available by special commission to event guests attending the 2004 "Celebration of Walt Disney Art Classics" Convention held May 14-16, 2004 at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, CA.

Please check with your authorized dealer for availability regarding the black and white version that was retired today!

2 comments:

Matthew said...

I always loved this set! I do like the black and white scenes from the early shorts. Was so happy that they added Pete to the scene.

Herc said...

Yikes, I gotta get Mickey. I still cannot find the one I purchased so I need to get him AGAIN. I know, I know, how can you lose a piece? I have no idea. All I know it is missing. I do like this scene as well as the colorized version. I just wish they did a colorized Pete.