Friday, March 12, 2010

The 2010 Production Mark Honors 'Sword in the Stone'

The Walt Disney Classics Collection features a yearly Production Mark that is incised or imprinted on the bottom of sculptures produced during the calendar year.

I, as well as many collectors have been wondering what this year's Production Mark would be, so I inquired. It turns out, the 2010 Production Mark information was announced to the sales force back in December and surprisingly, that information hadn't leaked to collectors yet.

Without further adieu, this year's production mark honors Walt Disney's animated classic The Sword in the Stone (1963) and the symbol is the sword in the stone (pictured at left).

The Sword in the Stone was originally released to theaters on December 25, 1963. The eighteenth animated feature, was the last Disney animated feature released while Walt Disney was alive.

2 comments:

Bob said...

This is such great news, I love it!!!!!

This was the first Disney film I remember seeing.
Went with one of my cousins.

One reason Sword in the Stone has always been one of my favorite films. Hoping for additional pieces, like Merlin and Mim in the dueling scene. So much more could be done from this film.

Are you listening WDCC?.........LOL

DC Pop Fanatic said...

Hey Bob,

Didn't see this one on original release but one of the ones Amanda watched a lot on video when younger.

Even though I didn't see the movie until watching with her, I still have my Viewmaster slides from this film, along with Peter Pan and Sleeping Beauty.