Friday, May 6, 2011

Carl & Russell Make Their WDCC Debut!

Click Image for Additional Angles
At long last, eager Russell has earned the final badge (“Assisting the Elderly”) he needs to graduate to Senior Wilderness Explorer.

Honored to celebrate this important achievement with Russell is his unlikely explorer companion Carl Fredricksen, who salutes the boy’s heroics with his own heartfelt award. “This Ellie Badge reaches way back to the very first things we saw in the film. It’s like Ellie brought Carl in and befriended him, and now he’s doing the same thing with Russell,” stated Up co-writer Bob Peterson. 

Carl wears pewter eyeglass frames with acrylic lenses and Russell has a pewter clasp on his neckerchief. 

Just as Carl bestows upon Russell the greatest honor of all — the Ellie badge — a special “Ellie” Grape Soda pin is included, making this a moment of true merit.
Carl Fredricksen and Russell ("Meritorious Moment"), a Numbered Limited Edition (NLE) of 1,000 sculpted by Dusty Horner make their WDCC debut Summer 2011.

9 comments:

Matthew said...

This film was so emotional for me and the ending was incredibly rewarding. I'm so very glad to see Carl and Russell immortalized in WDCC! Carl is just absolutely SPOT ON and the detail on Russell's merit badges is wonderful, including the Ellie Grape badge.
I would love to shake the hand of the person that was responsible for the idea of adding the Ellie pin in with this piece. THANK YOU SO MUCH! It's such an awesome tribute to the spirit of Ellie... the spirit of Adventure in the film. It will be just like having Ellie there. I know it's a pin, but I want to place it on display just below Carl as a remembrance. Thank you again WDCC. This is one terrific piece and pin!

Gregory said...

I'm a horrible Disney fan! I have not seen UP yet!

I have to get this move on NetFlix so I can appreciate the sculpt more.

DisneyPixarFanatics said...

We have been waiting for the WDCC to release some characters from Up! We are so excited for Summer 2011 and the arrival of this piece. Thanks for sharing!!

Herc said...

Wow wow wow.
Love Carl and Russell. Glad that Up has been added to the collection. It is one fantastic movie and now immortalized in one fantastic 3D work of art. I am so happy that WDCC has chosed to "add" the Ellie pin with this sculpture. What a nice tribute to the spirit of Ellie. Yes, I'm ordering. Yes, I am.

Now who can I talk to to request a Dug to go along with this piece? While you're at it, how about an Enchanted Places type of a piece of the house with the balloons. Now, that would be very very exciting.

Until then, I will be very happy with Carl and Russell (and Ellie too!).

Herc said...

Just looking over all these wonderful sculptures, I am finding it hard to come up with a ranking for these pieces. I am loving them all. They convey the best in the Disney spirit and the best Pixar has to offer. They each bring a different emotion out of me. Way go to WDCC!! You still have me hooked. And that's not just Captain Hook either.

Anthony said...

One of my favorite Pixar films and a great job was done on this piece. This film really touched my wife and myself. Like the addition of the Ellie pin.

DC Pop Fanatic said...

It's very nice to see Pixar represented in the line. Up is one of my favorite Disney/Pixar films. A story with so much heart.

What a great moment chosen from this film and hats off giving a nod to Ellie, who (for me) is what gave this film so much heart with the inclusion of the Grape Soda pin.

DisneyPixarFanatics said...

Very well said, Duckman.

Anonymous said...

I love that this movie will have a place in my collection. I am hoping to see this one in person first though as Russell looks a bit odd to me but Carl is spot on! I loved the pictures of the maquettes from Cars 2. It makes me wonder if this is what the WDCC version of Cars could look like... they have such personality!