Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pick Me! Pick Me! for Retirement!!


Honored today as a dry retirement is the Alien from Disney/Pixar's Toy Story 2. The Alien made his WDCC debut in May, 2006.

Squeeze Toy Aliens are a bunch of three-eyed space aliens voiced by Jeff Pidgeon in the motion pictures Toy Story and Toy Story 2. These identical toys were prizes in a game of skill at the Pizza Plant Restaurant and each one believes that The Claw will somehow choose one of them to go on to a better place. Three of these toys are rescued by Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story 2 and become attached to him. Mrs. Potato Head chooses to adopt them.

A dry retirement means that there is no more product in the warehouse. Please check with your authorized dealer for availability.

7 comments:

Babette said...

oooooooooooooooooooo
noooooooooooooooooooooo
I LOVE this guy!!!
glad I have three, but would have loved about 20 of them!
he's just so darn cute!

DC Pop Fanatic said...

I immediately thought of you Babs when I heard the retirement. I know what a huge fan you are of this character.

I personally do not have anything from Toy Story or Toy Story 2, though I've always liked the Jessie & Bullesye sculpture but do have the Claw from the McD's Happy Meal Toy at the time of one of the film's releases.

Babette said...

I have that claw tooooooooooo, and several of them, I might add....cause of course I couldn't have just one McD's Alien when Toy Story toys came out!

DC Pop Fanatic said...

LOL! Too funny! You should mix the two together, to get the effect of many Aliens. Not having the WDCC version, not sure of their size comparison.

I was able to stop with just one :) Love squeezing the little guy and watch his eyes bulge .. LOL!

Babette said...

I also have the 'barrel of aliens" that I bought at WDW a couple trips back. I have three of them sitting on my monitor shelf at work always looking at me! (I know, TMI)....that set has at least 30 of them in the tub..need to check total, but they are only like 1 inch high. It also has a rocket from pizza planet in it too. The WDCC version is by far the largest of the three...

DC Pop Fanatic said...

Forgot about the barrel of aliens. Recall now seeing that when at the parks. You really do love that little guy!

Herc said...

Loving that I got three of these. I may have to now pull out my McDonald's Claw to place beside just like Babsy did.