As we all think of what our New Years Resolutions will be (how many really are able to keep them???), it's also a good time to look back on this past year.
Was talking with friends yesterday about this and we came up with the idea of a R-ear End Review. This all came about talking about Donald's tush (don't ask .. LOL!). Let's all look back and list our Fab Five ( favorite releases) of the 2007 Line-Up and share our thoughts on this past year. So let's begin ...
1. Ugly Duckling & Mother - Hands down my favorite release of 2006! This sculpt still brings a smile each time I look at it. LOVE this series overall and based on the releases that followed in 2007, can't wait to see what's in store for 2008!
2. Quasimodo - I never thought we'd see another release from The Hunchback of Notre Dame after the Tribute Series release in 1997. The sculpture truly captures that moment in the film for when Quasi for once didn't feel like such an outcast.
3. Peter and the Mermaids - HUGE fan of this film and the Mermaid Lagoon Sequence is one I always wanted to see done and couldn't be happier with the outcome. More interesting was hearing Dusty Horner speak about this piece this past summer and how he wanted a singular sculpt and each character placed exactly as they should be positioned. With the upcoming addition of Wendy, it just gets better! Truly hoping they release the remaining Mermaids. This is one of my wishes for 2008!
4. Esmerelda - My one and only Leading Ladies release. The coloring, sense of movement and just downright sexiness captured in this sculpture is amazing. Her grouped with Quasimodo is one of my favorite groupings!
5. Ludwig Von Drake - LOVE the more esoteric/secondary characters and Ludwig doesn't fail to deliver. Not sure a stand-alone of Mr. Von Drake would have made my Fab Five if not for the addition of the globe as part of the sculpture.
Honorable Mention - Who doesn't try to do a Top 5 and find you always have to sneak one or two more in :) For me, Honorable Mention goes to Mulan. I'm not a big fan of this film, so that in itself says a lot. What I liked about this sculpt was how she had such a delicate look to her. The detail done in how her face is painted how the make-up runs perfectly along her jaw and you can see her actual skin coloring on her neck against the make-up. Hope to see this sculpture expanded into a larger scene in 2008!
Let's hear your Fab Five! Happy New Year!!