Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Figment Pigment: Event Date Announced!

Figment, the adorable purple dragon pops up again in this new Walt Disney Classics Collection sculpture, appearing as an artist playfully employing all the pigments of the imagination, just as he appeared in the original Epcot® attraction Journey into Imagination on April 26, 2008 with the release of Figment Pigment, a Numbered Limited Edition of 750.

Figment (6-1/8"), sculpted by Jacqueline Perreault Gonzales is plussed with silver metallic paint and was inspired by an actual scene in the attraction. The base is the top rung of a ladder on which Figment is standing.

Lovable, unpredictable Figment is a classic symbol of Epcot® and is available exclusively at Disney Theme Parks. Figment will debut at WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort on April 26, 2008. Look for event information on DisneyGallery.com.

Figment is meant to be the literal embodiment of the phrase figment of the imagination. He is composed of various elements Dreamfinder found in his travels including two tiny wings, large yellow eyes, the horns of a steer, a crocodile's snout, and the childish delight found at a birthday party. Figment is described in detail in the Dreamfinder's song "One Little Spark" by the Sherman Brothers.

Previous Figment releases can be seen in the Epcot Image Gallery section of the website. You can also participate in the Figment Poll at the Internet Cafe.

7 comments:

Timon said...

Thank you SOOOOO much for posting this Don! Since I have the other two Figments, I must have this one!

Love it and hope to see a LOT more Figments!

Woo hoo!!!!
(In case you can't tell, I'm a huge Figment fan...who isn't?!?!?)

Herc said...

Love this new Figment Pigment. I just wish that there wouldn't be such a small number to the LE. They should stick with 1000. I know the second didn't sell as well, but I'm sure over time, it will sell out. I have both and am hoping and praying I can get one of these. Love love love Figment just like our Timon does.
Don, I guess you can now break the Figments out into their own group under theme parks as Journey to Imagination. What do you think?

Jason S. said...

Thanks for the updated info on the newest Figment release. I think this is my favorite of the three Figments done for the WDCC so far as he really captures that "Journey into Imagination" feeling.

I see this one is also a bit of a departure from the previous two as it is the first not sculpted by Bruce Lau, and it is also numbered unlike the previous two releases.

Like Jeff, hoping I can get one of these when released; missed out on the first one because of the small edition size and quick sell-out.

Hope we don't have to wait too long to find out the details about how and when he'll be released.

Behr said...

So I heard that the tentative event date is in March. They are taking a waiting list so those that are worried about getting it I'd suggest you call and add your name to the list. My understanding is that this is the 3rd and final scheduled release of Figment.

DC Pop Fanatic said...

Thanks for the update Geoffrey. Much appreciated!

I've been doing some research and was told the following:

No event date has been set yet. Neither Disney Theme Parks nor Walt Disney Classics Collection has announced that "Figment Pigment" will be the last WDCC Figment sculpture to be released. However, there are no current plans for an additional piece beyond "Figment Pigment" at this time."

disneynorth said...

FYI, the event page is up on the Gallery Services/Special Events site. You can also pre-order the item. I have ordered mine, and I was told that the item is guaranteed to be sent (I guess no wish-list at this point). I was also told that the item is being released on the 25th.

Moral of the story is.... GO AND ORDER YOUR PIECE NOW!!

DC Pop Fanatic said...

Thanks for the update Disneynorth. Caught the update to Disneygallery.com myself on Wed. and noticed they had the sculpture described as resin vs. porcelain .. OY! Contacted them and see that their website has been corrected.