The holly jolly happening begins the evening of Friday, December 10, when guests register for the event at One Man's Dream, the iconic Disney's Hollywood Studios attraction celebrating the legacy of Walt Disney. Inside the attraction, which is presented by D23, you'll also be treated to a private screening of Archiving the Archives, a new documentary celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Walt Disney Archives.
On Saturday morning, December 11, you'll enjoy hot holiday cider, flavored coffees and scrumptious Christmas Stollen inside the Odyssey Center at Epcot, where guests will be greeted by members of the D23 Team and some holiday surprises. Walt Disney World President Meg Crofton will be on hand to welcome guests and share some stories of the magic of the Resort at the most happiest time of the year. Chefs Erich Herbitschek and Stefan Reimer return to Magic and Merriment for another hilarious — and delicious! — baking demonstration sure to tempt your taste buds. You'll then be invited to spend the afternoon enjoying the holiday splendor of Epcot at your own pace before re-joining the group at the America Gardens Theatre as the sun begins to set.
As you nestle into your reserved seat, sit back, snuggle up and delight in the warm embrace of Walt Disney World's perennial Christmas favorite, Candlelight Processional. This time-honored tradition of classic carols and hymns sung by a choir of hundreds will be narrated by Disney and ABC star Whoopi Goldberg (The View, The Lion King). Following this special performance, you will be transported to Disney's Hollywood Studios for a sumptuous holiday feast on the incredible set of the Indiana Jones™ Epic Stunt Spectacular. After the park closes, you'll head over to New York Street for a private viewing of The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights during a special presentation hosted by Walt Disney Entertainment's John Phelan.
Sunday morning you will wake up to mix and mingle over brunch at the stunning Top of the World Lounge high above Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort. The Lounge, which offers a spectacular view of the Magic Kingdom Park, is usually reserved for Disney Vacation Club Members staying at Bay Lake Tower, but our friends at the Disney Vacation Club are opening it up just for you. Enjoy an inside look at this breathtaking building and even tour a Grand Villa, one of the most stunning suites at the Walt Disney World Resort!
After brunch, D23 Members will enjoy a very "suite" treat — exclusive tours of the stunning Dream Suite inside Cinderella Castle, high above Fantasyland. The suite is not open to the general public, so this will truly be a magical moment.
Come nightfall, celebrate together at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and relax at D23's private hospitality lounge on board the Liberty Belle steamboat for holiday treats, cocoa and cider. You'll also enjoy reserved viewing of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade and the holiday fireworks extravaganza — Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season. And, of course, it wouldn't be a D23 event without a few seasonal surprises to commemorate the weekend!
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream, in Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park, is a multimedia gallery attraction for Guests of all ages. Take a self-guided tour through the exhibits of photographs, audio interviews and memorabilia that tell the story of Walt Disney—the man whose life accomplishments still intrigue and inspire people the world over.
Specifically created to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Walt Disney's birth, Walt Disney: One Man's Dream is a trip through time that starts with his birth in 1901 in Chicago, Illinois and continues through his inventions, innovations and visions for a company that has become synonymous with magic.
Among the 400-plus artifacts that are rotated through the Walt Disney: One Man's Dream gallery are:
- Audio and film clips that contain previously unseen footage and interviews with Walt Disney
- Model for the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror attraction
- Models of Main Street, U.S.A. from Disneyland Resort
- Planning model for Disney's California Adventure theme park
- Scaled replicas of Sleeping Beauty castle in Disneyland Resort and Disneyland Paris Resort
- Special Academy Award statues for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Walt Disney's second-grade school desk
- Reflective Captioning system is available. Contact a host or hostess at the attraction for assistance.
- Assistive Listening Receivers, which amplify the audio, may be used at this location. Please visit Guest Relations to obtain a receiver.
- Guests may rent attraction translation device units at Guest Relations locations in the Theme Parks with a refundable deposit.
- Handheld Captioning is available at this attraction. Please visit Guest Relations to obtain a device.
- Guests may remain in their wheelchair, motorized scooter or ECV to experience the attraction.