Disney’s Official Fan Magazine Arrives with Stunning Collectible Cover, an In-Depth Exploration of the New Hawaiian Disney Resort Architecture, Features on Holidays with Walt and His Family, Walt’s Final Appearance on Screen and More
This issue of Disney twenty-three offers in-depth discussions with TRON: Legacy filmmakers and features two highly collectible covers. One cover is sent exclusively to D23 Members and the other is available for purchase at select Barnes & Noble and Borders bookstore locations, online at DisneyStore.com and throughout the Disneyland® and Walt Disney World® Resorts.
Director Joseph Kosinski and Producer Sean Bailey offer commentary on everything from behind-the-scenes moments and the personal memories that inspired participation in this cult-classic-sequel to the technical details that breathed life into the project. Writer Steven Lisberger even addresses the nearly thirty year gap between this film and the original release, saying: “The reason it took the 25 to 28 years is because we needed the ten-year-olds to grow up and be powerful enough to make this movie so that they could take their ten-year-old sons to see it.”
TRON: Legacy co-stars are also interviewed in the nine-page spread. Bruce Boxleitner reprises his role from the original 1982 film, admitting that he is “the biggest TRON fan there is,” while newcomer Garrett Hedlund discusses his take on his role as the character that inherits the TRON legacy.
Packed with gorgeous photos, extensive content and splendid artwork, the Winter issue of Disney twenty-three also gives readers an incredible opportunity to explore the architecture of the new Aulani Resort & Spa, Disney’s first resort in
Celebrating the abundant career of Disney Legend Dave Smith, Disney’s Chief Archivist, Disney twenty-three brings readers a final farewell to the man who founded the Walt Disney Archives 40 years ago. Conducted just before he retired, Disney twenty-three’s article presents the last visit to his treasure-laden office, filled with visual riches.
Disney twenty-three also looks back at classic Disney with two very special pieces. The first displays the Holiday Season through the eyes of Walt and his family. A perfect fit for the Winter issue, the piece gives fans the privilege of an intimate look at Walt’s home life. The second is the result of newly-discovered footage that chronicles Walt’s last time in front of the camera in the Studio’s legendary Stage 1.
There’s much more in the Winter issue of Disney twenty-three, including:
· THE ULTIMATE DESTINATION: Highlights of D23 Members spending an amazing couple of days at Destination D:
· PERFECT TIMING: The time is just right for Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Dean Wellins as he makes his directorial debut and prepares to release his charming animated short, Tick Tock Tale.
· LIONS AND TIGERS AND...SANTA? OH MY! The Mickey Mouse Club Circus, one of the wildest shows in
· SMALL-SCREEN ADVENTURES: Walt Disney Television Animation celebrates 25 years of groundbreaking creativity.
· 23 QUESTIONS WITH... Imagineer, celebrated costume designer, and Disney Legend Alice Davis.
· A WALK WITH WALT 1938: DREAMING THE FUTURE: The success of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs went far beyond the silver screen.
· D SOCIETY: George Lucas strikes back, Destination D:
And there’s even more for Disney fans to explore in the Winter issue of Disney twenty-three magazine. As with every issue of Disney twenty-three, D23 Members receive an added bonus. This issue, which features a specially designed collectible cover, also comes with an exclusive TRON: Legacy gift that will be shipped to members. To become a D23 Member, visit www.disney.com/D23.
This issue is coming out with TWO collectible covers. One will be sold on select newstands (consumer cover) and the other will be exclusive to D23 Members (member cover).